- Sewing - I've finally been bitten by the "sew your own dresses" bug, especially since I can't afford to purchase ANYTHING from the neat etsy/online stores. So I'm hoping to get a few sewing/clothing books to get me started. I know how to make a straight seam on my sewing machine, that is about it.
- Parenting - if you've read my Twitter stream recently, you know I'm going through a rough patch with Katy (8yo.) I love her dearly, she's my soul in child form - maybe that is why we butt heads so often. I'm at my wits end with her. I'm hoping to find some books to help me recover that "I'm a good mom" feeling when I loose my $hit (aka mind, sanity, peace, etc.) Cause I can't keep loosing it on an hourly/daily basis. Not good for anyone.
- Professional - I learned of a great author today, Laura Robb. She's written many books geared for upper grades teachers of reading, science, and math. I'm hoping to find a few of her books so I can bone up on some new strategies for next year. I'd also love some books about technology stuff - any suggestions?
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - I had seen this on the NC Digital Library site a few weeks ago. And I passed on it! Now, I saw a review and book trailer at Epbot and I want to read it! Sadly, I must wait - I'm #33 out of 38 on the waiting list.
- Just see this list from Erin at the state that i am in - she's got several on there that I've heard about. I'll have to see if I can get lucky at the library! (Errrr, that didn't sound right... I don't mean *lucky* I mean... oh, you know!) When Did I Get Like This?, Bossypants, and Divergent all sound good.