We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all people are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
Therefore, in this household, these things must be done:
· Parents will have free access to dishes. Children will have one set of dishes, silverware, and a cup. If children wish to eat, they will wash their dishes (or deliver them daily to the kitchen for washing/exchanging.)
· Lunch boxes will be emptied and delivered to the dining room daily. Otherwise, daily lunches will be packed in brown paper bags or Wal-mart bags.
· All reminders for homework, reading logs, showers, and bedtime will cease.
· There will be no “tucky wucks” after 9:45pm on school nights.
· Belongings left where they do not belong will be collected daily and placed in the basement. No warnings or reminders will be given.
· On the matter of laundry:
o Dirty clothes will go in each person’s basket.
o Each person will wash their own dirty clothes. (A parent will help if asked nicely.)
o Clothing left on the floor will be placed in the basement.
· If a child needs a parent to do something, they will ask (not demand) for help or attention.
· If children would like parents to enter their bedrooms, the rooms must be picked up. Parents will not risk their lives entering bedrooms.
· Parents will continue to prepare meals. Parents will also continue to wash whatever dishes are placed on the kitchen counter by the sink.
· Parents will continue to do basic household chores like sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, and taking out the trash.
Children are members of the family. As such, they are expected to contribute to the running of the household. Our house has no servants, therefore everyone must take care of themselves.