Monday, May 7, 2012

Juicing Journey: Day 6

Today was a good day! Back to work - and back to the routine of juice for breakfast and lunch followed by a sensible dinner.

Today I finished off the juices I made on Saturday. No veggies, but I had lots of fruits.

I had to make fresh juice today. My friend brought mangoes, a pineapple, and a bunch of containers to work today. I made:

  1. Tropical Blend - 3 mangoes, 1 pineapple, 2 oranges, 1 grapefruit. The mangoes were not as juicy and sweet as we imagined, so I supplemented with oranges and grapefruit. It tasted pretty good!
  2. Pear Juice - about 6 pears. The pears were ripening faster than I would have liked, so I put them all together for my friend. I added a little lemon juice but it still turned brownish pretty fast. She's going to drink that tonight and tomorrow for breakfast.
  3. Green Goddess - spinach, apples, little leftover pear juice. Renamed this since, as my friend said, "This is what will make us into goddesses this summer!"
  4. Orange Juice - 2 oranges, 3 carrots, 1 lemon. VERY VERY orange in color, was almost too carrot-y until the lemon juice was added. Then - boom - you could taste the citrus. Excited to have this for lunch tomorrow.
I'm going to take some measurements tonight - waist, hips, thighs for sure. Maybe arms, bust? Not sure what to take so I can track inches lost along with pounds lost. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment