Sunday, May 6, 2012

Juicing Journey: Day 5

Today was a tough day. I had juice for breakfast and lunch, but in between fell prey to the Junior Mints I bought myself last night.

While my children were at a birthday party, I cooked - and didn't snack! I cooked about 7lbs of ground beef, made 1 meatloaf, and cooked and chopped 11 chicken breasts - all for the freezer. I tasted exactly 1 bite of chicken to make sure the seasoning was good and that it wasn't over done. (Bad things happen when over-cooked chicken hits the freezer!)

Then, while picking up the kids from the party, I was sabotaged. I politely declined goodies - but the birthday mom foisted a plate on me anyway. I tried to pawn it off on my kids, but they were full - and busy playing. So I caved from politeness and ate. *sigh*

I repented by having a big glass of juice for dinner, with a banana and a pear. I had some raisins while playing Farkle and another glass of juice.

But just now, I polished off the Junior Mints. (Since today is blown, might as well make sure I can't mess up tomorrow, right?)

So, today was hard - but it did have a highlight! After showering this morning, I weighed in. I'm down 2lbs since weighing on Friday! Yay! I'm so excited - it is exactly the motivation I need to get back on the train - and STAY ON TRACK!

How do you handle social situations while dieting - especially when you don't want to go into detail? Share your tips in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment