Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Juicing Journey: Day 1

So today was day 1. And it started well. I loved the Apple-Strawberry juice I made last night. It was a great breakfast (and mid-morning snack.)

And then came lunch. After a single sip, I realized my hi-jinks last night did not cover the celery taste. After a taste test by my friend, I opted to pitch the juice. It hurt - money wise I've got a lot invested in this. But I'll feel bad if it sits in the fridge and goes bad - and I need the container. So I dumped it down the sink and moved on.

Today, after a lot of thought, I decided to approach juicing differently for now.  I'm going to juice items separately (for the most part.) Especially items I'm not sure about liking. That way I don't ruin a whole batch of juice.

Today I made pineapple juice, apple juice, carrot juice, and orange juice. I'm fruit heavy right now - I'll ease into veggies as I get more comfortable with this process.

Today's juices got combined this way:

Pineapple-Orange
Apple-Carrot-Pineapple
Carrot-Pineapple

I'm happy with the tastes - sweet but the carrot comes through. So does the pineapple. I'm pleased with this batch! Hopefully tomorrow's lunch will be much better than today's!

For dinner tonight I had a cheese quesadilla, banana, and juice (cranberry-pomegranate-orange/store bought.) I'm not trying to eliminate dairy right now. I feel the need to add fruits and veggies into my diet through juicing. Maybe once school is out I can go for a more "juice only" diet for a while.  We'll see.

I felt good today - tired at times (but I was up late last night!) After dinner tonight I nearly napped on the bed - but a certain 9 year old needed help formatting her interview in Word. Saved by homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment