Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a night

The extra hour last night was torture. And I didn't even remember it was happening! I coughed all night. MG coughed all night. I don't think I slept more than 30 minutes at a time. I sure hope tonight is better.

I ended up taking MG to the ER last night. She projectile vomited all over the bathroom - 3 different times. Poor kid. Poor DH. He cleaned it up while I dressed MG. We got through the process fairly quickly. They diagnosed her with a viral upper respiratory infection. Then they tried to dose her with a pill of Zofran (a strong anti-nausea drug). But she couldn't swallow it and puked up even more. So then they gave her 2 shots of the same drug. She was a trooper though. We came home and tried to get her settled for the night. She slept (finally) in the recliner. She coughed and hacked periodically. I was worried she would puke some more. Ugh. Thankfully she didn't.

Now, I've got to go find some breakfast and get some papers graded for school. I'll be glad when I'm feeling better. I see a nice nap in my future this afternoon. And some time reading my books. And time getting together a book order for school. And trying to talk to my buddy on the phone. That ought to be an interesting conversation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment