Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Cardboard Box Diet - Week 2


What a crazy week! I'm finally seeing results and am super motivated. I'm also preparing to go out of town to visit my parents. I'm wondering how to keep juicing without looking like a crazy person.  Lots to think about this week.
  • Weigh-in: 20lbs to go - 5lbs lost!
  • Exercise/Physical Activity completed: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (today): 60 minute water exercise class. Last Friday: 30 minutes on the Gazelle (water class was cancelled)
  • Average Sleep per night: about 9 hours - have given up the early morning class in favor of sleeping in. I also like the instructor of the afternoon exercise class (and the morning instructor was fired. Oops.)
  • Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: Steak, twice baked potato, corn, strawberry shortcake on Sunday (our 4th of July celebration), several (ok, 4) donuts Wednesday night (new tradition - donuts and fireworks!)
  • Success story: Being down 5lbs. I'm already seeing a difference in how some of my clothes fit!
  • Recipe(s): My favorite juice - Spinach-apple. I run a boatload (2 big bags) of baby spinach through my juicer, mixed in with about 8 granny smith apples. I usually mix this juice with something else - more apple juice, pineapple juice (OMG - YUM!), and tomorrow with orange. In a crunch I've used store bought apple juice, but I usually make those juices too. The next time I make a batch, I'll try to remember to take some pictures of the process - it is so fun!
  • Photo: We had a surprise when we woke up Sunday morning! A big branch off a black walnut tree had fallen during the night. And we had no storms, no wind... finally too many walnuts or crazy squirrels on it I guess!  Thankfully even though it was leaning on the power/tv/phone lines, it didn't pull any down.  Even better, since we rent this house, we didn't have to pay for solve the problem! A call to the landlord on Sunday evening and on Tuesday morning, a crew came out! After looking at the situation, they just took the entire tree down. Which has opened a whole new can of worms! (We need curtains in the kitchen since we've lost all that shade.)


Hope everyone else had a wonderful week! (And if you have any ideas on how to manage juicing when I travel to my parents' leave them in the comments!)

5 comments:

  1. Good for you, that's awesome progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AMAZING progress! Is there any way to juice ahead of time and freeze it? What about juice for one meal & portion control the rest of the time? Just some ideas for travel. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty much what I'm going to do. I'm actually going to do juice for breakfast and lunch then join the family for dinner (although I may/may not eat exactly the same thing, depending - and definitely controlling portions.)

    I'm hoping to keep my momentum and not slack off too bad while out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on your weight loss! That is awesome!! I quite like that you include your sleep on here. I should pay more attention to that...especially given how crappy I slept on the 4th of July (stupid neighbors and their lack of understanding the term "fireworks ban").

    ReplyDelete