Monday, December 29, 2008

As promised

Some pictures from our Christmas Feast:
Our Alton Brown Turkey -
Yes, I may have prematurely slapped on the Turkey Triangle - but a pale turkey is better than a dry, burned one! Also, Alton, can you PLEASE add the turkey triangle to the print recipe?!?! Had an argument with my husband over the necessity of the triangle. Which is what sent me to YouTube. It is worthwhile to go on YouTube and watch Good Eats episodes of Alton making the turkey. Very helpful to see him do it and then do it yourself. :) Very helpful for making pesky husbands GO AWAY too!
My Sweet Potatoes and Pioneer Woman's Whiskey Glazed Carrots
I was not pleased with the way the carrots turned out. Will try again at New Year's feast.
Our table - Yes the heathen brought his can of pop to the table instead of putting it in a glass!

Family Portrait
Erin on left, wearing red and black dress. Katy on right, wearing red dress and pink pants. Take immediately after dinner to capture the tryptophan-induced calm :)

The mess! Finally got all those dishes done - 4 days later!
And this is just PART of the mess. At least this year I got to use my fancy new kitchen. Remember that craziness?!?!?!

Time to get ready for our New Year's Ham!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment