Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Juicing Journey: Day 8

Feeling so much better today. The nausea is mostly gone. Really wondering if it was dairy or possibly tortillas (gluten?) that did it.  Although it did seem worse after lunch, so maybe mango (only new fruit) in the juice didn't agree with me?

I had carrot-apple-lemon juice at lunch. But I also caved to Teacher Appreciation Week and had a brownie (at lunch) and a chocolate chip cookie (faculty meeting.) I had a small sloppy joe for dinner with a smoothie (banana and pineapple-orange-grapefruit juice.)

I stopped by the grocery store today to get apples and spinach and a pineapple (impulse purchase!) I made 3 juices:

  • Pineapple-Orange-Grapefruit - got 2 breakfasts and a smoothie out of this.
  • Green Goddess - spinach and red apples - had to use red apples because they were MUCH cheaper than green. Hoping this still tastes good. Got 3 lunch servings out of 1 bag of spinach and about 6 apples.
  • Berry - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, thinned with water. Got about 1 quart. Will use this for snacks and breakfast.
This weekend I might make a giant batch of Green Goddess to drink. I am thinking my progress is slow because I have so many fruits. Maybe some time with a veggie juice will spur some weight loss.

I've got energy (!) so I'm going to rearrange some things in my office. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment