Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Library Lists: Waiting

I've worked through several books this week but am not ready for a trip to the library.  I'm hoping I can hold out long enough to get a few of my books that are on hold.  I get into big "moods" and tear through Amazon, blogs, and Shelfari looking for recommendations.  Then I flood the library system with hold requests.  In a small library system like mine, this drives the librarians CRAZY.  The librarian actually told me not to put so many books on hold since, "You could never read them all if they all came in sweetie."  Gah! I love older folks - they have interesting stories to tell - but I loathe when they make assumptions about me as a reader (or as a mother, wife, etc.)  *oops, stepping off the soap box now*

So here are the books I'm looking forward to - some are on hold with my library and some are merely wishes on Shelfari since my library doesn't own copies.

  • Bossypants by Tina Fey - I'm next for this one! Yay!
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth - #2 on the list
  • Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay - #2 on the list
  • Night Game by Christine Feehan - wish
  • In Other Worlds by Sherrilyn Kenyon - next on the list from the NC Digital Library
  • Caine's Reckoning by Sarah McCarty - next on the list from the NC Digital Library
I'm hoping some of these come in soon - I'm anxious to spend more time reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment